To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Riverwoods, IL 60015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Security Operations
CF Industries • Riverwoods, IL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AG0500 Information Technology, Exempt
Job Summary:The IT Security Manager performs a core function for the enterprise including overseeing the operations of the enterprise’s security solutions through management of the organization’s security operations analysts, network analysts and telecommunication analysts.
The IT Security Manager will interface with peers across all IT departments as well as with the leaders of the business units to ensure the delivery of the IT Security and Risk team services aligned with NIST framework and IT policies.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security architecture design and documentation including contribution to IT Security and Risk team roadmap development.
- Contribute to and where appropriate create and maintain the enterprise’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) with the IT Risk team.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise’s existing procurement processes.
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
- Deliver consistent, secure operations of all IT Security Operations technologies including network and telecommunications services.
- Lead CF IT Security NIST based incident response process including event handling, process reviews and tabletop exercises. Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication.
- Achieve high level of customer service satisfaction through timely execution of tickets, service requests and inquiries.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits in partnership with IT Risk team.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers across IT as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CIH Certified Incident Handler
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security
- (ISC)2 SCCP
- (ISC)2 CISSP
- (ISC)2 ISSAP
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design.
- Extensive experience in enterprise security document creation.
- Experience in managing of staff individuals directly or indirectly.
- Experience in NIST based Incident Handling.
- Working technical knowledge of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Networking technologies (LAN/WAN), Data Leakage Prevention, Network Access Controls, Security Incident and Event Management, Email Gateway Security.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Lead the Team
Creates/maintains a competitive organization by attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
Builds a cohesive team, and develops structure & direction to meet or exceed customer needs. Leverages systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
Provides feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel in current and future job responsibilities.
Creates a trusting work environment where people can realize their full potential
Enhance Client Experience
•Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships. Enhances the customer service experience to drive competitive advantage.
•Ensures customer perspective is driving force behind business decisions and activities.
•Ensures customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
•Builds strategic partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business goals.
•Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness & trust and gives confidence in one’s intentions.
Advances Strategic Opportunities
•Gains competitive advantage by developing, supporting and/or promoting innovative strategies, products or processes which align with the firm’s vision and goals and enhance the firm’s reputation/brand.
•Identifies and drives organizational changes needed to adapt to changing customer and market demands.
•Establishes and commits to long-term business direction and sets meaningful performance objectives that align to values & strategies.
•Communicates information in a compelling way that drives others to achieve team and firm goals.
•Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
•Drive High Performance
•Executes business and organizational objectives that build and support sustained revenue growth, maximize firm results and effectively leverage people/processes.
•Uses customer-centric approaches for choosing courses of action or developing appropriate solutions.
•Aligns communication, accountability, resources & processes to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
•Tenaciously works to deliver team goals with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
•Establishes high standards and challenging goals for individual, team and organizational accomplishment.
This position is responsible for managing a team tasked with providing CF Industries with IT security, network and telecommunication services.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.