At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk - or Independent Risk Management - provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk. Corporate Risk roles depend on a variety of skills, including: Data analysis and synthesis, root cause analysis, change management, process management & execution, risk governance, risk strategy, risk identification & assessment, risk prevention, controls & mitigation, risk monitoring, reporting & escalation, risk systems & technology.About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Financial Crimes Officer... in Financial Crimes Risk Management as part of Independent Risk Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
The Financial Crimes team is responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective financial crimes program for the company that complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations including Bank Secrecy Act, Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing, and Global Sanctions. Leads investigative research, root cause analysis and consulting on transactions, suspicious situations, policy violations, referrals, customers, and related parties that present high risk, complexity and/or visibility. May provide specialized financial crime and/or fraud reviews, research, investigative analysis, interviews, industry conferrals and law enforcement outreach. Leads risk analysis and independent credible challenge of existing fundamentals or assumptions and develops alternative approaches, models and solutions to schemes and trends. Evaluates long term implications and consequences of strategic business decisions and recommends appropriate alternatives for risk management. Regularly influences and negotiates with executive management / business heads as high-level stakeholders both within and outside Wells Fargo. Leads initiatives and virtual teams across the organization to deliver enterprise-wide business transformations. Acts as a liaison with Legal and law enforcement agencies. Represents organization in handling court appearances, depositions, mediations, arbitrations, etc. Provides guidance for development and delivery of training. Acts as an escalation point for most complex cases. Leads implementation of complex initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines. Internal partnership with the business and other business units, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners on risk related topics. Leads project/ virtual teams and mentors but does not manage other team members.
This is a new role on the Financial Crimes Analytics, Monitoring, and Surveillance team (FCAMS). This role will lead strategic and innovative initiatives for the team, liaising with FCRM Technology, Model Risk, Model Development COE, FCRM customers, and Front-Line customers to develop and maintain a program framework enabling efficient, effective, and responsive to law enforcement priorities program. This role will lead future state innovation initiatives for the program and develop execution plans in partnership with FCRM Technology. This role will also establish a framework for partnering with internal customers and ensuring output is as they need to monitor customers and transactions within their groups and the investigations that may result from the alerts the monitoring and surveillance produces.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Act as an advisor to leadership to develop or influence objectives, plans, specifications, resources, and long-term goals for highly complex business and technical needs across groups and functions
- Implement and maintain an effective financial crimes program that complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations including Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorist Financing, and Global Sanctions
- Evaluate long-term implications and consequences of strategic business decisions and recommend appropriate alternatives for risk management
- Lead investigative research, root cause examination and consulting on transactions, suspicious situations, policy violations, referrals, customers, and related parties that present high risk, complexity and visibility
- Provide specialized financial crime and fraud reviews, research, investigative research, interviews, industry conferrals and law enforcement outreach
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas or the company
- Deliver solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical thinking, and coordination of highly complex activities and guidance to others
- Lead implementation of complex initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines
- Provide vision, direction and full knowledge to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that are large scale companywide strategies
- Serve as an excellent advisor to leadership
- Lead risk evaluation and independently challenge existing fundamentals or assumptions while developing alternative approaches, models and solutions to schemes and trend
- Influence and negotiate with executive management, business heads, and high level stakeholders
- Lead initiatives and virtual teams across the organization to deliver companywide business transformations
- Engage strategically with all levels of professionals and managers across the company
- Liaise with Legal and law enforcement agencies
- 7+ years of Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of BSA/AML experience
- 5+ years of budget management experience for large initiatives or enterprise programs
- Strong Knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions, Customer Risk rating, and KYC
- Knowledge of Transaction Monitoring Systems, such as Oracle's Mantas, Actimize, and SAS
- Knowledge of Sanctions systems such as FircoSoft
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning within AML
- Highly Effective Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Experience in Writing Business Requirements, Process Design or Process Improvement Experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 5+ years working with large global teams
We Value Diversity
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Able to Travel up to 10% of time.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Anti Money Laundering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bank Secrecy Act