This role is responsible for establishing and providing ongoing leadership for Advance Auto Parts’ Supply Chain Vendor Reliability Program. The Manager is responsible for leading and improving vendor reliability including quality of product delivery, fill rates, on-time delivery, and other inbound requirements. He/she will lead AAP’s vendor compliance program and supporting processes, communicate performance issues, and collaborate internally and externally to drive end to end process improvements with our vendors, and assess fines for performance The role includes managing appropriate quality measures vertically and horizontally across AAP’s functions to identify, correct, and resolve vendor performance issues, and implementing metrics to monitor and facilitate improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and utilize structured problem solving methodologies in order to institutionalize and standardize end to end processes impacting vendor deliveries to improve Distribution Center productivity on the Receiving docks.
- Collaborate with partner teams including merchandising, inventory, store operations, engineering, finance, accounting, and IT to ensure end to end compliance processes are in place.
- Work directly with vendors to drive performance improvement initiatives and results. Manage and maintain vendor performance requirements and actions, and report monthly results.
- Provide leadership via influence to a cross-functional matrixed team including operations managers, inventory control managers, engineers, analysts and project managers
- Ensure development of training materials, facilitation, and support is provided
- Provide direct management for an internal team (2-5 people) and direction for outsourced vendor compliance support
- Understand end-to-end processes and policies for AAP distribution and order fulfillment, while serving as a knowledge leader for vendor reliability, collaboration, and compliance
- Effective communications and ability to manage through influence cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical, organizational, and Microsoft skills
- Engineering mindset to identify issues and drive resolution
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and analytics including probability and statistical inference to operational situation
- Develop business cases for specific initiatives and/or capital investments as needed to support process improvement
- Ability to prepare and present business proposals effectively to senior management
- In-depth knowledge of distribution and transportation processes preferred
- Experience leading distribution center projects
- Experience working in retail environment preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business or another related area, and 8+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Distribution Center operations preferred
- Procurement or category management experience preferred
Process Improvements (Business)