Apex Systems has an opening for an Engineering Assistant in the Midway, GA area! This role is with one of our clients who is a global manufacturer of metal, specializing in aluminum. For immediate consideration for this role, please send your most up to date copy of your resume to URL blocked - click to apply Overview:
- Communication and coordination within the technical team and with the operational team are key components for this position. Primary responsibilities are to assist engineers and metallurgists in compiling existing technical data into reports and in submitting and tracking various requests to customers. Additional responsibilities include coordination of information and actions between the technical team and Operations, particularly as it relates to New Parts Introduction.
- Adhere to and promotes all company safety rules and requirements and attends required training and/or meetings
- Assist engineers and metallurgists with the compilation of technical data from process records and test records to prepare process validation packages.
- Assist engineers and metallurgists with the documentation of non-conformances and the preparation of concession submittals to customers
- Assist engineers and metallurgists with the tracking of concessions prior and after submittals to customers and work with Sales to help get quick resolution from customers
- Support technical group leaders to release engineering documents and communication with Operations
- Support Supply Chain and technical team in placing orders for tooling, raw materials, forging, machining, etc. to ensure NPI schedules are met
- Manage project schedule critical path; elevate issues to management upon any deviation from schedule that impact key dates
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the position
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
- College degree preferred and 2-3 years technical writing experience.
- OR High School Diploma or GED and 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 year degree in engineering, drafting is preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 997542
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile