Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
This position provides a wide range of services to businesses and job seekers including outreach, recruitment, screening, assessments, workshops, job development training assistance and follow-ups to realize the vision, mission, values, goals, and strategic plan of the Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts employer outreach to markets Goodwill business services to employers through phone contact, emails, correspondence, and face to face presentations. Updates databases as required and maintains a database and reference file of employer contacts.
- Takes an active role in development and implementation of strategies for continuous quality improvement.
- Develops job leads and job orders to meet the needs of job seekers and employers. Interacts with job seekers and career resource specialists to ensure job leads match job seekers interests and skills.
- Provides quality recruitment, lay-off aversion, out placement and other services to businesses including but not limited to pre-screening of applicants, targeted recruitments, hosted job fairs, job postings, job matching and interviewing assistance.
- Conducts job readiness workshops that prepare job seekers for real-life business needs and expectations.
- Responsible for providing viable job leads for WorkSource/American Job Service Center customers and meet the Target Analysis goals.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and leading viable Business Advisory Collaborative and other partnership opportunities or events.
- Provides other services to businesses such as assistance with applications for tax credit incentives, and information on labor market trends, Empowerment Zone program, Federal Bonding Program, reasonable accommodations and job training assistance opportunities.
- Conducts regular labor market and industry needs analysis and stays current on business and hiring trends.
- Driving record must be acceptable by the company’s insurance vendor.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university required. A combination of training, education, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in recruitment or staffing industry highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, multitasking skills required. Critical thinking, self-motivation and high degree of integrity & ethics essential.
- Ability to speak another language and understand another culture as if required by the program or local community.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill’s values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
English Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Case Management software
- New Hire Orientation
- Corporate Compliance
- Values and Diversity Training
- Conflict of Interest
- Business Ethics
- Safely Surrender Baby Law
- Mandated Reporter Status
- Data Systems
- ADA and Reasonable Accommodation
- GCDF Certification
- Safety Training
- Any other training required by law, funders, and the organization.
Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work environment for our employees. All individuals are expected to support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion, recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and accountability.
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community, business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to better the lives of those we serve.
The above description is not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Live Scan
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Service Representative - LA Campus
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Other details
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Job Family WCD
- Pay Type Hourly
- Microsoft Outlook