To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Relations Advisor II, III or Senior (IRC26352)
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association • Denver, CO
Posted 10 days ago
Brief Posting Description
Responsible for identifying current and emerging key federal and state public policy issues that could have significant impact on Tri-State, analyzing the political environment associated with the issues, and preparing strategic and tactical recommendations for policy positions, and also responsible for monitoring and analyzing federal and state legislative regulatory initiatives. Represents the interests of Tri-State to external organizations, governmental entities, and legislators and their staff, as directed. Interacts with Tri-State internal staff, member systems, member system managers, and statewide rural electric associations as directed and appropriate. Monitors and analyzes federal and state legislative and regulatory issues affecting Tri-State and its member systems.
NOTE: There is one position available and this position will be filled at either the Government Relations Advisor II (NB19), Government Relations Advisor III (NB21) or Senior Government Relations Advisor (NB23). This decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate and Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in political science, communications, business or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal legislation and regulations affecting the rural electric utility industry.
- Ability to analyze and strategize issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate by both written and oral means.
- Eight (8) years of progressive related experience, including working with federal and state governmental issues.
- Strong energy related experience.
- Willingness to travel as required. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Electric cooperative experience desired.
The above requirements describe the experience and education qualifications for the Senior Government Relations Advisor. Those with less experience will be hired at the Level II or III.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level up to 10 lbs. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Incumbent must have finger dexterity, good vision, good color vision, good hearing, and ability to speak clearly, and handle intricate work.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to a moderate level of noise. Frequent exposure to weather and traffic when traveling. Majority of the duties are performed indoors and at a desk, operating office equipment.
All employees interested in this position may apply online at the Tri-State Intranet site.
Click on Job Postings, then click on the iRecruitment link, Log In, then click on the iRecruitment Employee Candidate link and then click on Search for jobs.
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., nearly 1,500 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
Interested? Here is how to Apply:
Go to www.tristategt.org/ and click on the 'Careers' Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon. You will be required to register in order to apply.
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance. Please visit our careers site at www.tristategt.org/careers/for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran