- FedEx Ground specializes in cost-effective small package shipping, offering dependable business-to-business delivery and convenient residential service. Our network safely and efficiently moves millions of packages each day utilizing some of the best technology in the industry.
- FedEx Ground Package Handlers load and unload sorted packages in a fast-paced environment and ensure that FedEx Ground continues to deliver packages to its customers on time and with care
- FedEx Ground facilities typically have multiple sorts of operating daily in each location.
During the sort, Package Handlers are responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner. Package Handlers (PHs) may be assigned to or rotate through various areas and positions such as Loader, Unloader, Palletizer, Scan Weigh and Key (SWAK), Quality Assurance (QA), Facer, Switcher, etc.
Individuals who are interested in being considered for a Package Handler position are required to watch a virtual job preview before completing an employment application process. The virtual job preview will provide a realistic preview of the Package Handler job. Daily activities include assisting with warehouse operations and performing entry level warehouse and dock-related tasks, loading and unloading trucks, shipping and receiving, moving, handling and tracking packages and other material and assisting with transportation and distribution operations.
The starting pay is $12.40/hr for day and evening shifts, $12.90 for overnights. During the months of November and December, the company offers a PEAK PAY surge of another $1.00/hour.
Package Handlers at FedEx Ground
- Are eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits as well as vacation and holiday pay, after completion of an eligibility period
- Are eligible for pay increases within the first six months of employment
- Have career advancement opportunities in our "promote from within" environment
- May participate in the company's tuition assistance program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Essential Functions of the Package Handler position
- Utilizes "hand-to-surface" methods for all package handling.
- Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, pallets, conveyor system carts, and load gratings.
- Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
- Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
- Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
- Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes, and unloading devices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- PHs operating switching equipment must have a valid driver's license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity /affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce.