To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wayne, NJ 07050
- Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Personal Care Aide, Family Support Services
Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey • Wayne, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY: Assists Manager to support consumers in pursuit of activities as assigned
Following DDD, DCF and CPNJ policies and procedures, and in accordance with expressed preferences and desires of consumers, provides care and training for adults residing in a group home.
The personal care aide must cooperate with CPNJ, the Office of Licensing, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, and Department of Children and Families in any inspection or investigation.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Family Support Services
- As guided by Manager, serves on team to determine daily program activities for each individual
- Assists consumers to achieve greatest degree of independence by supporting participation in program activities providing opportunities for choices at all times; may provide one-on-one tutorial attention to consumers
- Assists consumers with personal needs including transferring, toileting, cleaning, grooming and feeding
- May collect and record data; assist in maintaining daily progress notes or other consumer program-related records
- As instructed by Manager and Behavior Coordinator, may initiate or implement recommendations and/or behavior plans and maintain related documentation
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, individual supervision meetings and trainings as assigned; may be required to attend off-site trainings, staff meetings and conferences
- Drives a van route or serves as a van aide
- Performs other functions as directed by supervisor, CPNJ management, or funding source representatives
Knowledge of various types of developmental disabilities
Skills and Abilities
Ability to successfully complete required CPNJ and 4 DDD core trainings in required period of time; to adhere to DDD policies and procedures; to relate well to adults with disabilities; to establish positive relationships with each consumer; to learn and understand each consumer's individual needs and to carry out program objectives; to learn use of and to operate program and adaptive equipment; to perform strenuous physical activity; to drive a multi-passenger vehicle; to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; to adhere to CPNJ and DDD personnel policies, guidelines and procedures; to establish and maintain proper working relationships with supervisors, administrators, parents and sponsors; to respect and maintain confidentiality of consumers and co-workers; to maintain a safe working environment and adhere to standard health precautions; to travel independently off-site; to maintain a valid driver's license with fewer than 5 points at all time.
High school graduate; at least one year's experience in a non-profit service delivery organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated ability to engage in strenuous physical activity; fingerprint examination and approval; valid driver's license; successful TB screening.