EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Quality Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Quality Manager in Washington, DC. This is a temporary full-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops, manages and executes the quality management system (QMS) for a US Navy regional facilities maintenance contract that provides an effective and efficient means of identifying and correcting problems throughout the entire scope of operations.
- Accurately document work processes, procedures and output measures
- Develop systematic procedures for assessing compliance with performance objectives and standards.
- Document quality inspections and assessment driven corrective actions and process adjustments.
- Supervises assigned quality inspectors to ensure contract and corporate requirements are met.
- Performs inspections and internal audits of site operations.
- Maintains quality control records in the Maximo Computerized Maintenance Management System and prepares periodic reports summarizing quality inspection activities and initiatives taken to improve customer satisfaction, performance quality and operational efficiency.
- Assists the site management staff in determining root causes as well as identifying remedial and preventive actions required to effect continual improvement.
- Provides training for the quality control staff and facilitate training at the site level on the quality program and quality principles.
- Provides a daily quality control inspection report to the client as required by the contract.
- Interfaces with government officials to address quality control concerns and appropriate problem resolution.
- Must have at least five years of experience in preparing and enforcing quality management programs for regional facilities maintenance contracts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management or equivalent experience on a Navy Base Operations Support contract preferred.
- Certified Plant Maintenance Manager or similar certification is preferred.
- Strong experience with Window, MS Office and MAXIMO software.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Quality Management Systems