Our growing Bowman Consulting
team in Lisle, IL
has an opening for a dynamic and proactive Civil Engineer-Construction
ready to make an immediate impact. As a Civil Engineer-Construction
you’ll leverage your hands-on professional engineering experience and creativity working side by side with senior engineers to deliver exceptional construction engineering and construction management services to clients including the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Tollway, and Local Agencies. Join us to build stronger more connected Illinois communities!
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A qualified Civil Engineer-Construction
at Bowman Lisle will:
- Communicate with clients, contractors and staff on various construction projects
- Read and interpret complex contract documents
- Oversee projects to ensure that the work is executed on time and on budget and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies and procedures.
- Observe and monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with contract plans and specifications
- Participate in activities such as layout, inspection, documentation, and pay estimates
- Participate in resolution of design/field issues
- Monitor traffic control and protection
- Coordinate and monitor materials testing
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- Ability to become a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois is preferred
- 0-3 years’ professional engineering experience
- Experience as Construction Engineer on IDOT or Tollway projects
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent organizational and change management skills
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting
has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's Engineers and Project Managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Materials Testing (Tests)