The Supply Chain Manager - Planning is responsible for managing all aspects of the organization's supply chain planning function. This includes driving strategies and execution of the S&OP, Master Planning and MRP processes for finished goods and raw material. The Supply Chain Manager is also responsible for aligning all operations activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization. Additionally, this senior level role will develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of the supply chain operations. We are seeking a strong strategic thinker, thought leader, and enthusiast who can contribute to the continued growth of our organization.
Our client is a leading supplier in the dry blend products market space and are growing exponentially through acquisitions and organic growth. They employ 350+ employees locally here in the Chicagoland Area, but are much larger through acquisitions internationally with other food and beverage operations. This is a great time to join this company as they have huge growth plans.
- Leads and develops team to enhance performance by setting clear and accountable performance measures (KPIs)
- Monitors business and process metrics to measure and manage teams effectiveness
- Ensures effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourages feedback and team insight in order to enhance the efficiency of the operations
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Manages budgets and profit and loss in area of responsibility
- Manages and leads S&OP, Master Planning, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Forecasting and Finite Production Scheduling functions.
- Oversees inventory analysis to develop policy and budgets to optimize inventory levels and associated service & costs, shrink and obsolescence
- Drives a continuous improvement culture focused on processes and technology to drive efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to ensure timely acquisition of materials
- Establishes annual goals and objective for the supply chain planning function
- Responsible for the hiring and development of top talent to develop and maintain a high performing team
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Supply Chain related field Masters degree highly desirable
- 3-5 years of extensive management experience preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Strong Knowledge of APICS methodologies and calculations Certification highly desirable
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of end to end supply chain operations
- Strong familiarity with ERP and Planning software systems
- Strong knowledge of S&OP, Forecast, Master planning, MRP and finite production scheduling processes
- Strong analytical skills with ability to create and understand high level reports
Competitive base salary with bonus potential all commensurate with candidate experience.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Business Process Improvement
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Financial Management