Self-starter with proven leadership and excellent communication skills to assume responsibility of the maintenance function. Will provide guidance and direction for maintenance operations by shift in a 24/7 union environment. Proven mechanical/electrical aptitude in a metals processing/ furnace environment preferred.
- Day to day responsibility for maintenance operations & work scheduling
- Manage Maintenance personnel day to day tasks.
- Manage the maintenance and repairs of plant and auxiliary equipment.
- Administrate preventive maintenance program.
- Supervision of maintenance repairs.
- Evaluate manpower levels.
- Participate in selection of new Employees.
- Train and qualify new Employees.
- Be on call 24 hours a day.
- Coordinate / prioritize purchased maintenance parts.
- Work with contractors / Vendors on maintenance issues.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical operations.
- Knowledge/ experience with CMMS Systems.
- PC skills required.
- Working with / managing contractors
- ISO 9000 experience a plus.
- Certification in the use of the following mobile equipment (training will be provided if necessary):
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Supervisor) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.