To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Tax Associate II - Family Office
CBIZ • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
With more than 40 years of solid business experience and innovative thinking, CBIZ MHM, LLC - New York delivers a full line of value-added accounting and tax services to a variety of industries within the middle market. As the 10th largest accounting provider in the country, we provide our clients with high quality, industry leading expertise combined with a personalized level of service delivered at the local level. From advisory, audit and tax, to valuation services and business consulting, we are known for being attentive to clients' needs and committed to maximizing all aspects of our clients' financial interests.
CBIZ MHM, LLC - New York's industry groups - which include apparel & consumer products, retail, manufacturing, professional service organizations, non-profit, technology and private equity - offer clients the right balance of comprehensive services and personalized attention.
As a Tax Associate, you will gain work experience to develop into a trusted business advisor. You will perform tax compliance work through CBIZ, gaining exposure to a variety of entities, industries, and tax issues.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Complete all aspects of accounting, tax and audit engagements for clients
- Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, general tax regulation, general quality control auditing standards, technology implementation procedures, etc. relative to individual client assignments
- Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested
- Strive to attain charge hour goals
- Practice in early practice development activities such as: memberships in qualified organizations capable of referring potential engagements
- Execute administrative duties as assigned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 1+ year(s) of experience of being responsible for HNW/Family Office Tax duties with a CPA firm
- Experience reviewing complex individual tax returns and related fiduciary, partnership, corporate and not for profit returns
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- Must have completed at least one “Busy Season”
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs