To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arkadelphia, AR 71923
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Technician
Siplast • Arkadelphia, AR
Posted 4 days ago
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) is responsible for monitoring all testing by the Q.A. department and Q.I.T. (Quality Inspection Team) and will determine the quality status of questionable products per the SQS (Siplast Quality System) Manual. This position takes daily task-related direction from the Lead Quality Assurance Tech, and reports to the Production Manager.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary duties of the Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Quality Assurance Department responsibilities:
- Work with the Lead Quality Assurance Technician to coordinate Complaint & Adjustments related to as-manufactured product quality problems.
- Hands-on testing as needed.
- Obtain a sample every 100 rolls and record various product characteristics (roll length and width, selvage width, roll weight, thickness, mat placement, product appearance, etc.) on QA report and report results to the Product Technician.
- Ensure that a startup sample, and a sample of every 300 rolls is taken to the lab for testing. Report the results to the Production Supervisors and Product Technician in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the technician operating the winder during startup or changeovers, as well as periodically through the shift, to ensure that all products being packaged meet product specifications and provide on the job training as necessary.
- Assist the Product Technician during machine downtime – proactively work with product techs to identify cause of out-of-spec rolls and ensure resolution.
- Meet with Lead QA Technician a minimum of once per week to discuss off quality issues.
- Assist with machine change overs, material breaks, sticking, etc.
- Assist Lead QA Tech in entering dimensional quality data for COA reporting.
- Fill in as needed for production.
- Perform an inspection to ensure that all packaging specifications are adhered to including overall packaging appearance, roll labeling, identification numbers, pallet location on the stack, quality of shrink wrap, package labeling, etc., and provide on the job training as needed. Note the findings of this inspection from the beginning of the run, and every 12 pallets during the run, in the comments section of the QA report.
- Stop machine if quality issues occur that are causing off quality products, which cannot be immediately corrected, and notify the Product Technician and the Production Supervisor.
- If minor quality issues occur, that do not cause off quality products, work with the Lead Product Technician to correct. If solution cannot be found, contact the Production Supervisor.
- Provide Backup coverage for Lead QA Tech during absences, or as assigned:
- Managing COA functions and procedures. Reviewing QA data daily, performing trend analysis, identifying trends running at high or low ends of specs and taking appropriate action promptly to prevent material from going out of spec. Upon completion of thorough review and approval, entering data (roll length, product characterizations, etc.) into COA database.
Quality Control Department Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all product quality decisions regarding finished product. Questions regarding product quality will be handled according to the SQS.
- Cross train to perform the time sensitive duties of QC technician.
- Serve as warehouse QA auditor for packaging, pallet condition, placement, shrink wrapping, etc. Will assist Lead Quality Assurance Technician with a minimum of one audit per month and track results.
- Comply with all safety regulations and policies (safety glasses, welding hoods, cutting goggles, respirators, lock out tag out procedures, hot work permits, etc.)
- Ensure QA Department is in compliance with all environmental regulations, the Siplast Quality system, and ISO requirements.
- Keep Reclaim Area clean and organized.
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Comprehensive knowledge of all Q.C., Q.A., and raw material sampling and testing. Must have thorough knowledge of the Siplast Quality System level 1, 2, and 3 documentation. Must have complete familiarity with finished products testing, grading, and disposition. Solid knowledge and 1 - 2 years of machine experience and familiarity with mixing operations. Solid understanding of packaging requirement Basic laboratory safety as in mixing simple solutions, use of instruments, etc. Excellent interpersonal skills Strong verbal and written communication skills Formal mathematical and technical training preferred. Strong leadership capabilities. Knowledgeable of all products (i.e. specifications and operating procedures). Organization skills. Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, CoA software, etc.) Proven follow-up abilities.
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must meet physical requirements to work in confined spaces as required by OSHA. Must be able to occasionally lift 130 pounds. Must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Must be able to work standing. Visual acuity to inspect product, read documents, computer screens, etc. Manual dexterity to operate equipment, computer entry, etc. Must have the ability to work in plant/warehouse environment (including high/low temperatures, dust, humidity, etc.)