HomeAdvisor wants a Senior Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You'll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
As our team grows, we're looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture and coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy path, and bend the lens to see what's around the corner - we’re software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when…not what happens if….
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to effectively do their jobs.
- An architectural thinker that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen.
- Someone not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
If you can demonstrate your skills in these areas, then we should chat:
- Very solid internet-focused Java JEE, particularly Java 8, development
- Understand SOA and OOP concepts
- Understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions
- Work within a Servlet Container
- Work with Oracle RDBMS
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: URL blocked - click to apply
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
Java (Programming Language)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Ajax (Programming Language)