Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customers first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit -amp; Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
Cable Solutions, a park of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Human Resources Director at our New Bedford, MA location. New Bedford is a suburb located 60 miles south of downtown Boston.
The HR Director will drive HR initiatives and partner with the Business Unit President and business leaders to deliver business results through human resource best practices and process management. This position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources and has frequent interaction with internal stakeholders, including Executive Leadership, HR Leadership, and key internal professionals as well as external stakeholders, including vendors, International Union leadership, and community officials.
As a direct report to the Vice President, Human Resources, this role is expected primarily support the BU President and his staff. Leadership on the global Human Resources Leadership team is also a key responsibility.
- Be a key leader of the Group leadership team that helps drive top and bottom growth through continuous improvement in safety, quality, deliver, cost and most importantly, innovation.
- Provide counsel and thought partnership to the President of the Group, while being an influential leader on his staff. Must be able to influence peers without direct authority to drive continuous improvement.
- Must drive engagement and alignment of employees, and continuous improvement applying lean tools and standard work. A process orientation is a must.
- Act as a proactive thought partner to the Vice President, Human Resources, passionately delivering H.R. functional excellence
- Contribute as a key HR Leadership Team (HRLT) member actively managing corporate wide HR initiatives. Will lead cross business unit and cross functional teams on these initiatives.
- Actively participate in the monthly HR Lean Daily Management cadence for the overall organizational and Atkore Business System (ABS) action plans.
- Build the strongest Cable Solutions HR team possible.
Employee Engagement -amp; Alignment
- Ensure employees are engaged and aligned around our Mission, Values, ABS, strategic priorities, as well as how we purposefully intend to evolve our culture.
- Build talent management competence among key talent. Coach Managers to build the best team possible.
- Ensure the avoidance of unplanned turnover among key talent and the intentional top-grading of under-performers.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement efforts in the Atkore Business System (ABS), particularly the People fundamental element of Engagement and Alignment.
Recruiting and Manpower Management
- Contribute to the development of and management of the recruiting, interviewing, assessment, selection, and on-boarding process (Build Your Team or BYT)
- Train business leaders to effectively hire for top talent
- Help develop and refine our employer brand identity and implement across various media and recruiting channels
- Drive recruitment time-to-fill improvement and sustain
- Manage a robust external candidate management process with focus on diversity
- Participate in university relations, recruiting strategy and tactics
- Drive engagement and alignment and a results oriented culture in Cable Solutions factories
- Develop a labor relations philosophy based on interest based problem solving and assertively managing labor contracts with respect.
- Manage anonymous complaint process with effective investigation and follow-up
- Manage and effectively investigate allegations of harassment and other aspects of mismanagement and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Develop and execute a strategy to maintain union free status where appropriate
- Deliver training regarding compliance, performance management and cultural values on a consistent basis. Town halls and round tables should have a standard cadence.
- Provide appropriate coaching and mentoring where appropriate
- Refine performance appraisal process driving toward a pay for performance culture Ensure common processes are in place and standard work, including manager training, is in place and effectively utilized.
- Drive 100% on-time-delivery to the annual compensation calendar.
- Continuously improve the performance review process ensuring managers are having regular candid performance discussions. While driving 100% on-time completion of monthly 1-on-1, mid-year, and year end performance reviews.
- Continuously improve of HR metric dashboard and GEMBA Board
- Drive time-to-fill (TTF) and internal fill rate (IFR) improvement
- Develop and consistently report monthly and quarterly KPIs with a run to red and countermeasure mindset
- Drive fact based continuous improvement
- Function as positive change agent respecting the Atkore culture and values while challenging the status quo
Compensation and Benefits management
- Manage an effective annual enrollment process
- Educate employees on the value of high deductible health plans (HSA -amp; HRA) and manage a migration from PPO to HSA.
- Manage ad hoc HR projects including effective team and organizational communications of deliverables
Support Acquisition Activity
- Support the merger -amp; acquisition process with particular focus on cultural integration-Legal Compliance
- Ensure compliance with the Atkore Code of Ethical Conduct and all legal requirements related to human resources.
Education -amp; Work Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive success in various HR assignments. Experience in an environment renowned for outstanding talent and strong HR practices preferred with solid experience in both labor and non-union manufacturing operations.
- Experience in labor negotiations
- Experience in the development and implementation of highly integrated process solutions a standard work mind set is a must.
- Keen insight into human and organization behavior
- Ability to influence senior leaders and high potential talent
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Experience in turning strategy in practical process solutions
- Experience in environments characterized by high-change, growth, and competitive global environment
- Able to work independently with minimal daily guidance or direction
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkores culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customers experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, thats how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way thats consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Training And Development
Senior Professional In Human Resources