Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for calculating equations and is interested in bringing home the BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. The Associate Financial Analyst maintains, prepares, and analyzes financial/operational data, which is compiled in a timely manner and provided to leadership for strategic and operational decision-making purposes. Works closely with other corporate and financial departments across the organization to assist with financial data integrity, analysis, and reporting.Core Responsibilities
- Assists with routine maintenance associated with a data warehouse.
- Prepares routine and ad hoc reports that are used by leadership to review the business.
- Develops processes and procedures that support a consistent production of reports in a timely manner.
- Identifies trends and anomalies as it relates to financial/operating results, and provides relevant feedback to leadership.
- Assists in the analysis, and auditing of capital projects.
- Performs routine reconciliations of financial/operating data and troubleshoots data when reconciling items are apparent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and/or consumer packaged goods, a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite: including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and variance analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Use Statistical Method