To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clarivate • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
This Tax Accountant position is primarily focused on income tax compliance and reporting, research, planning, and other special projects.
The candidate should have a solid background in both federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 as a well as a demonstrated research ability. Strong analytical and accounting skills will also be important in this position.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review income tax workpapers to support tax returns including book/tax differences, apportionment, and other supporting schedules
- Preparation and /or assisting in review of interim and year-end ASC 740 income tax provision
- Preparation of quarterly estimates and extensions
- Support the department in all areas of process improvement and compliance with SOX and other controls.
- Ensure that the tax software is properly maintained and functioning in an efficient manner
- Corresponding with the IRS and various state departments to resolve tax notices
- Maintain the internal tax calendar
- Coordination with external service providers on non-US subsidiaries in LATAM and Canada, including processing payment requests as well as initial review of income and withholding tax calculations
- Prepare, distribute, and monitor income tax packages and information request for worldwide subsidiaries
- Managing the department’s cloud-based file system
- Research tax issues, analyze federal and state laws to interpret how they apply to the company, prepare technical documentation to communicate tax issues
- Prepare quarterly tax account reconciliations
- Perform other special tax projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MST
- 3+ years relevant tax experience in public accounting or industry
- 3+ Experience in accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 and/or IAS 12
- Must possess superior organizational and documentation skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on tax issues.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Proficiency in MS Office (primarily Excel), corporate tax provision preparation software (OneSource highly preferred), and online tax research services such as Checkpoint or CCH
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a team-oriented environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.