To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
25Q Multi-Channel Transmission Systems Operator-Maintainer
Army National Guard • Saint Joseph, MO
Posted 28 days ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
For the military to make strategic decisions, they depend on having the right information when they need it. Multi-Channel Transmission Systems Operator-Maintainers ensure the communication to make these decisions continues to surge through all channels without any interruption.
As a Multi-Channel Transmission Systems Operator-Maintainer, you will be responsible for keeping information moving through the Army National Guard’s communication systems in both tactical and strategic environments. Your duties will include: installing, repairing, operating, and running maintenance checks on multi-channel transmission diagnostic equipment, devices, and antennae; setting up transmitters, receivers, cable modems, and ultra-high frequency antennas; setting up line-of-sight satellites and cable link systems; and operation of radio equipment.
• Maintenance on assigned equipment, vehicles, security devices, and power generators
• Analyze BIT/BITE diagnostics to isolate faults in the Line Replaceable Units
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Performing maintenance on associated transmission vehicles
• Interest in working with radios and transmissions
• Ability to apply electronic principles and concepts
• Enjoys working on electronics and fiber optics
• Interest in problem solving
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with companies that produce communications and electronic equipment.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Multi-Channel Transmission Systems Operator-Maintainer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you’ll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 15 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which will include a combination of hands-on and classroom training with multi-channel transmitters and associated equipment.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.