IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Business Unit Manager - Bars
The Bars Business Unit Manager has P&L responsibility for the Bars category within the larger Baked Goods Division portfolio. The role is responsible for 1) Defining overall strategy for the category to meet new and diverse customer requirements, establishing a clear vision and growth plan for the business; 2) Achieving the category financial goals as they align to Division goals; 3) Driving operational efficiencies across the business; and 4) Driving product development and R&D efforts for the category.
- Define and execute against a clear vision and strateg plan for the business
- Deliver the category P&L financial goals in support of the Baked Goods division P&L, financial goals.
- Execute business objectives, strategy and tactics for assigned categories, working closely with General Manager and business teams
- Identify new product opportunities and lead project management of new products/offerings. Coordinate and support project costing, timeline development, material set-up/readiness, scale-up efforts and launch/post launch metrics
- Manage and drive business simplification and cost improvement efforts, including development of CI initiatives
- Analyze category data and segments to identify product and competitive strengths and weaknesses, identify growth opportunities and defense strategies as needed
- Track competitive efforts and recommend adjustments to changing market conditions.
- Help develop annual business review and assist in the development of mid and long-term strategic business planning
- Maintain and communicate product knowledge library for respective categories
- Manage several work streams across multiple functions with tight completion timelines
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and must develop materials that translate across a wide range of functional audiences
- Ensure proper application of project management tools, stage/gate models and prioritization
- Maximize profitability of assigned product lines/channels
- Work extremely close with finance/sales/business development partners on customer bid activities
- Communicate the long range and annual plans effectively to insure cross functional alignment
- Leverage and influence the sales organization to manage customer relationships and influence key go-to-market tactics (pricing, merchandising, shelving, and assortment)
- Anticipate headwinds, reprioritize and reallocate resources to deliver short and long- term plans
- Consult with key stakeholders on the development of objectives and strategies to garner commitment - lead the cross functional teams to deliver on objectives
- Customer understanding - retail grocery, mass, club, food service, ingredient channels Analyze and monitor customer and consumer insights, market and competitive data to pro-actively position the business for growth and profitability
- Utilize Commercialization Team to bring projects to market quickly.
- Partner with and influence the supply chain organization to insure optimal cost containment and service level attainment
- Anticipate the impact of market activities (Competitors, External) and challenges the organization in problem solving
- Drive the consensus forecast process to drive accuracy and ensure customer service expectations are met while minimizing risk to DDD. (dump/destroy/donate)
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity, continuous improvement mindset and learning agility
- Creative problem solving abilities required; ability to be resourceful to find solutions, using a "can do" attitude
- Acute attention to detail
- Comfort operating in a lean organization
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishing objectives and meeting deadlines.
- Strong project and influence management skills to lead cross-functional project teams
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to effectively handle conflict and employ a systematic approach to finding solutions
- Excellent communication skills - both formal and informal with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Exposure to and understanding of multiple business disciplines (Purchasing, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, R&D, etc.) in previous positions preferred
- Financial acumen - ability to apply financial management principals to ensure fiscally sound decisions
- Demonstrated understanding of business fundamentals including P&L management, pricing and trade strategy
- Exposure to new product commercialization and start-up procedures
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and incomplete information
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exposure to Syndicated Data (IRI, AC Neilson)
- Familiarity with SAP and BI a plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement a plus
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- Minimum five years of business experience (a background in food manufacturing is strongly preferred)
Travel Requirements: 10-20%
Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree an asset.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
New Product Development