Store Manager – directly influences the performance of everyone who interacts with guests and supports a solution selling environment. The Store Leader is responsible for fostering a selling culture that creates unique, complete solutions that exceed guest’s expectations. The Store Leader ensures best-in-class guest service for every GameStop guest by using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, the Circle of Life. The Store Leader makes discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, employment, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes of a GameStop store, which will demonstrate the commitment to a unique solutions selling experience for all guests.
PLEASE NOTE: Your application for this position includes all locations within the district.
Qualified Store Manager candidates will possess the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age* and present state-required proof of age documents
- Must be able to provide genuine and friendly assistance to every guest during every visit
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate’s or accredited Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of retail sales, guest service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail management experience preferred
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
- Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%)
- Must be able to work a minimum of 44 hours per week
*Unless prohibited by applicable law
GameStop and its affiliated businesses reserve the right to change job descriptions at any time based on business conditions/needs, which includes expanding this job’s responsibilities and assigning additional duties consistent with the position’s purpose. GameStop will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would cause an undue hardship.
- Business Processes
- Customer Service