1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. As a Non-CDL Driver, you will be responsible for the efficient transportation of products to customers within a local market. XPO was ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, and Fortune named us among the most admired companies in the world. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a company that’s clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Safely operate, transfer and deliver freight utilizing a box truck and/or other equipment
- Operate material handling equipment to load and unload materials in a safe manner
- Conduct thorough and accurate pre-trip and post-trip inspections and provide documentation upon completion; ensure proper closure of trailers
- Provide basic equipment maintenance and report equipment malfunctions as necessary
- Properly secure loads and ensure all loads are within weight limits
- Maintain required documentation, including daily logs, vehicle inspection records, mileage, unloading and shipping records
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 6 months of relevant experience
- Current DOT medical card
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedural documents
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record over the past 2 years
It’d be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Safely walk, bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Reach (including above your head)
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.