Medline Industries has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Specialist at our Waukegan, Illinois ReadyCare facility. This position is responsible for ensuring service and surplus levels are maintained by proactively aligning divisional and inventory management's goals and objectives.
- Coordinate inventory levels (surplus, stock transfers, returns, DEDs, slot holds). Contact branches to receive product break downs and/or to offer a solution for Sales.
- Works closely with sales, product management team, manufacturing team, warehouse and Inventory management to ensure high inventory service levels while minimizing freight and transfer expenses.
- Open work orders to maintain production schedules.
- Close work orders once production run is complete to return unused materials back into inventory.
- Maintain a high service level of finished goods for Medline customers and sales reps.
- Review and communicate to appropriate cross functional teams the divisional surplus, stock transfers, returns, monthly forecast review and on hold inventory.
- Manage all new customer stock requests and ensure inventory is available in a timely manner.
- Review the division backorder report and communicate any disruptions in service to sales reps and place stock transfers as needed.
- Work with AP to resolve any vendor discrepancies.
- Assist with the over flow calls from the Product Support team.
- Review: back order report, surplus report, customer requested product stocking (DEDs/ RCIs), HOTSHEETS and open Purchase Order reports.
- Process all returns. Review all AP issues with vendors (overbill notices, problem tickets, debit memos and credits) and slot holds.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Relevant Work Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year business support or vendor management experience.
Intermediate skill level in SAP.
Intermediate analysis and math skills.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
All duties and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor(s)/manager(s). This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Scheduling (Project Management)