ECS is seeking a Systems Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees to be our most important asset. People truly are number one at ECS. We are situated in Merrifield, VA -- well positioned for most commutes in the Northern Virginia area. Our newly renovated office spaces are first class and provide an inspirational environment. We offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting advanced IT business in the DC area. ECS has extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in the AI/ML field. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits to the right person for this key position.
ECS is seeking a Systems Engineer to work as a member of a team managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the DoD community. The candidate will provide support to a team developing, maintaining, creating, documenting, and installing network and enclave infrastructure. This is a demanding, high-energy position requiring innovative solutions to network, hardware, and software problems. The candidate will work with a team to install maintain and design the physical and virtual infrastructure of multiple enclaves. The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
The main work location for this position is in Fairfax VA, with frequent local trips to Ashburn, VA, and Fort Belvoir, VA. (remove)
Periodic short-term travel (less than 10%) worldwide is required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Bachelors and one to five years-experience; without a degree, six years of experience required.
- CentOS/RHEL and Ubuntu troubleshooting/configuration skills
- Experience with troubleshooting/implementing OS and application level STIG compliance
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as KVM/ESX (REMOVE) (REPLACE with ESXi Hypervisors)
- Understanding of network level configuration and security, to include firewalls, switches and VPNs
- The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be a team-player, and be customer-service and career/growth-oriented
- Active TS clearance
- Web server administration (IIS, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
- Storage technologies
- Patch management solutions
- System orchestration (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL
- Scripting languages (Bash/Python/PowerShell etc.)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
- Apache Http Server
- Bash (Scripting Language)
- Cent Os