AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for Forklift and Clamp Truck Operators.
The Forklift Operator will operate an industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift or clamps to load, unload, push, pull, lift, stack, move and stage products and materials.
Position Requirements include:
- Efficiently and safely operate truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Position forks or clamps under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, paper rolls or materials and transport load to designated area.
- Load or unloads materials onto or off of trailers, rail cars, pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Unload and stack material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Assist in tracking inventory levels of materials on work floor and supply production workers with materials as needed. Clear production area of finished goods and relocate to appropriate area.
- Lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied gas tank.
- Will complete a daily checklist of the industrial truck and contact the appropriate supervisor if a maintenance/repair issue is discovered.
- Operate industrial truck in safe manner and adhere to all safety rules, guidelines and practices.
- Complete all other duties the Supervisor deems necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required.
- Six months or more of directly related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift Driving/Safety certified required.
- Be able to perform all physical components of the position, with reasonable accommodation if required.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.
Complying With Procedures
Handle Heavy Object