As the Senior Director of Formulary Management & Strategy, you will provide strategic and operational support for OptumRx’s cross-functional and data-driven formulary management program. In this capacity, you will partner with supply chain, clinical, product and operations partners to develop, execute and evaluate OptumRx’s standard formulary offerings and related programs. This role requires deep knowledge of the PBM business and operations, strong cross functional collaboration and the ability to lead cross-functional teams, and the ability to drive, articulate and effectively communicate cross-functional strategies to a variety of audiences.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitating cross-functional pipeline review and strategy coordination to proactively anticipate and respond to market changes
- Facilitating cross-functional development and management of standard and competitively differentiated formulary offerings and related programs
- Developing and facilitating use of robust modeling and analytics to support formulary strategy development and decisions
- Developing and managing tools and processes to evaluate and monitor effectiveness of formularies and related programs against specific formulary objectives
- Driving development and execution of key formulary initiatives to meet client and market demands
- Communicating formulary strategies to internal and external audiences
- Facilitating cross-functional review of market competitiveness of formulary products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or higher (DPharm, BS in Pharmacy, MBA)
- 10+ years of experience within Pharma or pharmacy benefit management (PBM) industry, including experience in Formulary management or operations
- 2+ years of understanding of pharma pricing and PBM strategy, including advanced knowledge of current reimbursement methodologies
- Experience working cross functionally with teams including but not limited to Industry and Network, Clinical, Analytics, Product, Finance, and Executive Leadership
- Strategic leadership, including ability to develop, drive and communicate strategy
- Effective communication across stakeholder at all levels organizationally
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize analytics to enhance decision-making and performance
- System thinker, with experience effectively and successfully driving cross functional teams and SMEs to achieve business objectives
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Graduate degree (DPharma or MBA)
- Experience as a Pharmacist
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Formulary, PBM, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Pricing, Operations, Telecommute