Under management direction, is responsible for the organization and implementation of plans, procedures, and policies necessary to maximize utilization of resources in line within specified area to achieve plant goals. Incorporate core values of safety, quality, and employee relations.
This position will support the 'Metals' area, Pasting and Grid Cast.
- Supervises Manufacturing Supervisors with respect to production, distribution, volume, cost, quality, and achievement of production plans.
- Assures, through Manufacturing Supervisors, good employee relations. May conduct employee meetings, approves requisitions, promotions, merit increases, transfers, and discipline.
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of both Manufacturing Supervisors and production employees. Assures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- In conjunction with Manufacturing Supervisors, establishes goals and objectives for assigned departments for review by Plant Manager and Operations Manager. Administers the goal setting/performance appraisal program for the area.
- Responsible for selection, hiring, and development of Manufacturing Supervisors. Recommends merit increases, promotions, and transfers.
- Coordinates activities within his area with those of other production areas, plant staff managers, and divisional leaders. In conjunction with Production Control may develop weekly schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Assures compliance with company and plant policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, and good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in base plan presentation. Continuously reviews ongoing performance within area of responsibility and takes action to assure achievement of goals.
- Responsible for cost reduction initiatives with focuses in scrap reduction and departmental uptime.
- Recommends improvements in equipment and processes. Coordinates, manages, and evaluates the installation of new equipment or processes in area of responsibility.
- Assures proper maintenance of machines and equipment in area of responsibility. Coordinates longer term planning for major maintenance projects.
- Assures compliance with quality and process specifications.
- Maintains the security of products and assets in area of responsibility.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3+ years’ managing employees.
- Previous Lead Acid battery experience is preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Industrial environment, both inside and outside the plant. The employee will be exposed to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, chemicals, heat and cold.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (URL blocked - click to apply) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 129 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.