To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineering Intern
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Position Summary – Software Engineering Intern Summer 2019
Work closely with, learn from, and assist software and hardware engineers in the development of various engineering assignments related to state-of-the-art surveillance products by executing SW design, coding, and documentation tasks, and assist in the testing of software within finished products, systems or subsystems. This is a paid, part-time internship opportunity.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Carry out basic SW engineering tasks that will help in understanding SW development procedures and product development while learning new SW engineering skills.
- Conduct limited scope development and/or testing under the supervision of other SW engineers using “C” and other languages.
- Complete assigned tasks on time, while developing skills that allow for more autonomy.
- You may be called upon to help in investigations needed to solve SW or HW problems by leveraging your strengths in software development and debugging skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to build a good network
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to gain familiarity with the engineering staff, methods, programs and practices
- Learn, support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education
High School Diploma/GED; Some progress towards college degree in engineering field
- Enrolled in a 4 year Software or Electrical Engineering program.
- At least 2 years of college completed with 3.0 GPA or better
- Must have a demonstrated interest in Software Development, and how software interacts with the Hardware.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems using your natural curiosity and debugging skills.
- Work effectively as a member of a team or on individual tasks.
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL #EOIS