The Human Resources Generalist serves as a strategic partner that assists in driving the comprehensive people strategy to support business results for Sasser Family Companies of businesses. This incumbent will assist in implementing HR solutions that enable the business to successfully achieve its objectives. Provide guidance and coaching on HR processes to the businesses.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in supporting the HR Team and Senior HR Manager in the development and execution of the Company’s people strategy.
2. Assist in administering various employment policies and procedures for all personnel, including attendance, paid time off, etc; assist in development, implementation, and training on policies and procedures; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of Company, HR Department and services performed.
3. Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal and State regulations concerning employment.
4. Assist in the design and implementation of recognition and employee engagement activities that align to the Company’s values and culture.
5. Support the Senior HR Manager with identifying and rolling-out training initiatives across the organization; including annual compliance training and leadership development training.
6. Prepare reports, conduct data analysis and compose correspondence relative to the Human Resources function as needed.
7. Support Recruiter and HR Assistant on talent acquisition or employee onboarding activities as needed.
8. Partner with Senior HR Manager with other generalist activities as necessary, including ad-hoc projects both through own initiative and on request to ensure a continually developing the HR function and in support of the businesses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required, a concentration in human resources or business administration strongly preferred.
• Professional in Human Resources designation (PHR, SPHR) preferred.
• At least 2- 3 years’ experience in a HR Generalist role required.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment and worker’s compensation a plus.
• Experience in the leasing or transportation industry a plus.
• Demonstrated communication abilities at multiple levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
• Proficiency in all frequently used business software programs, applications or tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Experience with ADP preferred, but not required. Experience using an HRIS software required.
• Professional demeanor with demonstrated customer service focus; enthusiastic with “can do” attitude.
• High degree of confidentiality and professionalism with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinet and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
• This role will require the ability to travel to remote site locations across the Unites States.
• The role operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Periodic travel to remote locations
An Equal Opportunity Employer