To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stockton, CA 95202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Financial Center Credit Union • Stockton, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Who is Financial Center Credit Union? Financial Center Credit Union (FCCU) was founded in 1954 guided by the philosophy of "People Helping People." Combining a fun work environment with a friendly atmosphere, employment with FCCU is not just a job, but a career. Our mission focuses on providing credit where credit is due. We strive to return true value back to our members and that could start with you!
What is this position all about? We are looking for a responsible, results orientatedÂ Senior CollectorÂ to help us execute our mission as a not for profit financial cooperative. Come be a part of the Financial Center Credit Union team.
The Senior Collector is to preserve the credit union's assets by controlling delinquent account, collecting delinquent loan payments, recovering and/or disposing of repossessed collateral. This positionÂ is also responsible for the department's performance and daily operations. The Senior Collector must lead by example, coach to the right behaviors, and hold their team accountable to do the right thing for our members.
What would you do?
- Provide leadership, coach, train, assist with performance reviews of staff to ensure department achieves delinquency/charge off control and meets operational goals
- Aid in monitoring all department activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulations
- Ensure collections processes are followed through including collecting delinquent loan payments and recovering collateral by phone and mail
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers and takes action to repossess collateral when arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful
- Coordinate bankruptcy hearings, foreclosures, small claims actions and refer accounts to legal
- Prepares daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports on collection activity for management along with recognizing trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans
- Demonstrate responsibility for security of member information and credit union property
- Consistently contribute to the team and achievement of credit union goals and objectives
What are the core qualifications?
- 1-3 years of similar or related experience
- A high school education or GED
- Demonstrated working knowledge of consumer loan collections, small claims, legal bankruptcy proceedings and repossession laws.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve collections results
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong communication skills
- 10-key and keyboard skills
Why would you want to work here?
Financial Center offers a career, not just a job. We are proud of our robust benefits package which includes:
- Performance based incentives
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Financial Center Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.