Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr Reporting Analyst will support Optum Human Capital reporting within a global advanced analytics community. The Sr Reporting Analyst will work closely with stakeholders across the Human Capital teams to understand business needs, build reporting solutions to support operations and strategic, data driven decisions. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work collaboratively with Human Capital business leaders and the analytics community in the development and production of standard and ad-hoc reports to drive actionable decision making
- Support recurring reporting needs and maintenance of self-service reporting tools
- Create and maintain internal process documentation and customer-facing help documents
- Develop templates/dashboards for common requests to standardize and streamline work
- Identify ongoing process improvement opportunities and demonstrate improvement of defined processes in consultation with stakeholders
- Research and identify root causes for problems and own the resolution
- Responsible for leading others through influence, rather than direct authority, and by building strong cross-functional relationships with key partners
- Act as a functional subject matter expert for broad Human Capital data subject areas
- Support projects and change initiatives as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience analyzing business, financial, human capital or clinical data
- 3+ years of report development and dashboard building
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau or Domo
- Experience researching issues, investigating the data accuracy, and perform quality checks
- Experience working independently and collaborating effectively with others
- Trained and applied experience in data visualization techniques and user experience in delivering insightful metrics that lead to action
- Proficiency in data extraction, manipulation and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proven documentation and process mapping skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Oracle, SQL Server, Datameer, Alteryx or other database applications
- Experience in human capital analytics and/or reporting
- Experience in agile and/or project management
- Experience partnering and working with global business partners
- Proficiency of SQL/HiveQL (select statements, counts, filters, group by, order by, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.