Based in Corporate Tampa office, 2 days a week minimum, 3 days remote option
Salary, Benefits, 401K, Travel Discounts, Tuition Assistance and More
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Financial Analyst?
As a key member at the Corporate Team, The Analyst position applies principles of finance and accounting to analyze past, present, and future data related to operations, revenue and financial trends. The position consistently provides operational insight from analyzing trends, costs, financial variances, administrative commitments, industry specifics and guest satisfaction scores to provide guidance and company direction. This position reports to the Director of Business Intelligence and Technology. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement.
A Day in the Life of a Hotel Business Analyst:
- Active and constant engagement with manager – Director of Business Intelligence and Technology and the Executive Vice President of McKibbon.
- Prepare and distribute weekly Guest Satisfaction reports.
- Timely and accurate financial reporting to management teams
- Prepare and distribute variance analysis reports comparing forecasts and actuals on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis
- Assist management teams with budget process, offering insights into methods to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasts to key stakeholders
- Create and distribute weekly industry specific reports that analyze market variances (Occupancy, Rate and Revenue)
- Financial analysis support for management team based on pre-determined key performance indicators.
- Liaison between property level teams and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Contributing to proforma creation for new hotels and possible management contract opportunities.
- Serves as administrator for SharePoint, M3 Insight, and AccKnowledge software.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Ad hoc research/analytics as requested.
- At least 1+ year(s) in similar business analyst role
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field required
- Ability to read and interpret profit and loss statements
- Proficient in modeling and data/database manipulation skills required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (VLOOKUP, Index & Match formulas, pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting, and more)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs; Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams functionality
- Proficiency on Smartsheet program and related interfaces (Highly Desired)
- Hotel/Resort experience preferred, but not necessary
Physical & Mental Wellness
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Financial & Occupational Wellness
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal Wellness
- Matching Funds Program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
- Business Intelligence
- Data Analysis