To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL 35207
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative, Utility Products
ITW Welding • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Incudes but is not limited to selling company products and services by interaction with new and established customers. Position is also responsible for development of new prospects within a geographically limited territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accomplish defined sales goals within a given territory.
- Demonstrate products with application knowledge.
- Interact with customers, inside sales staff, engineering, purchasing, production and quality to ensure customer requirements are understood and problems are resolved.
- Ensure capability/capacity exists to meet customer requirements.
- Perform contract review and bid specifications approvals.
- Required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the ISO Quality program and procedures, and the safety program.
- Represent Wachs Utility Products at trade shows as designated.
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Manage complex and long sales cycles.
- Operate and maintain all company equipment and assets.
- Ability to manage multiple sales/projects simultaneously.
- 3-5 years of sales experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or 4 year military experience preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be able and willing to travel on an as need basis. Travel can consist of multiple weeks, often consecutive on the road. Travel is estimated at 75%.
- Possess strong sales ability. This is a solution selling approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to troubleshoot on site.
- Complete training provided by E.H. Wachs in order to possess broad knowledge of the company’s product lines, services and marketing techniques.
- Remote home base preferred in Birmingham, AL; Jackson, MS; or Memphis TN area.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to adjust to a changing work environment, competing demands, frequent changes, delays and unexpected events