To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Specialist
CBIZ • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
With more than 40 years of solid business experience and innovative thinking, CBIZ MHM, LLC - New York delivers a full line of value-added accounting and tax services to a variety of industries within the middle market. As the 10th largest accounting provider in the country, we provide our clients with high quality, industry leading expertise combined with a personalized level of service delivered at the local level. From advisory, audit and tax, to valuation services and business consulting, we are known for being attentive to clients' needs and committed to maximizing all aspects of our clients' financial interests.
CBIZ MHM, LLC - New York's industry groups - which include apparel & consumer products, retail, manufacturing, professional service organizations, non-profit, technology and private equity - offer clients the right balance of comprehensive services and personalized attention.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Accounts Payable – code and enter invoices, cut checks and enter manual checks
- Cash receipts data-entry
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Quarterly payroll taxes
- Deliver courteous and prompt service to clients, vendors and internal partners
- Respond to all phone and email inquiries from clients, vendors and internal partners in timely and professional manner
- Maintain client files, records, logs and databases
- Research information, use computerized databases and seek to resolve any issues
- Perform other clerical duties as needed and/or assigned
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Knowledge of Datafaction, MS Access, and MS Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills, able to handle multiple clients, prioritize and multi-task
- Attention to detail, accurate and neat work output
- A/P Clerk or light bookkeeping experience in a multi-family business is a huge plus
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree or two years of experience on a specialized subject matter
- Must maintain current required licenses and certifications relevant to field of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Effective customer service skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to work in team environment as well as independently
- Ability to analyze and prioritize multiple responsibilities