You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Director of Health and Wellness
The Woodlands at Canterfield, will be a brand new Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Support community located in West Dundee, Illinois is looking for a dynamic Director of Health and Wellness that will be instrumental in building our health and wellness programs. The Director of Health and Wellness supports the Resident Services Director in providing clinical oversight to the wellness team; ensuring delivery of quality care to all residents. The Director of Health and Wellness will oversee and monitor the activities of nursing personnel and maintain compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines in accordance with the policies and procedures of the community. They are responsible for reports, data collection, and will investigate any and all incidents and accidents. They oversee the infection control program. They assist in educating the staff on nursing care, safety issues etc. .
Duties and Responsibilities Salary Range - $80,000 - $85,000 :
• Supervises the delivery of all nursing personnel’s services to residents. Maintains proficiency in clinical and administrative skills. Responsible for all resident incidents to include investigations, tracking of all falls.
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring process. Responsible for monitoring daily staffing, coordinating schedules with Staff Coordinator.
• Promotes exceptional public relations with staff members, residents, and family members.
• Maintains effective communication with the staff, resident, families and the community team.
• Responsible for providing staff education in-services and conducting staff meetings.
• Schedule, Coordinate, and tracking of CPR classes and certifications.
• Responsible for monitoring other nursing administrative staff for compliance with documentation, kard-x update, rounds, ADLs, and time and attendance etc….
• Follows schedule and accepts assignments as given by the RSD.
• Participates in General Orientation, assist with continuing education programs.
• Acts as a resource person for the nursing staff. Assist RSD in scheduling staff.
• Responds immediately to all crisis and calls for assistance. Work as a staff nurse when needed.
• Takes on-call responsibility twice a month.
• Routinely makes rounds of the community for compliance and ensure proper resident care.
• Assists in maintaining the community’s and Nursing Services philosophy through effective nursing care.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum three years’ experience supervision in assisted living and/or memory care setting
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an LPN preferably in assisted living and/or Memory Care.
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
- Prefer candidates registered as an RN in the State of Illinois without restrictions and bi-annual renewal
We believe in our associates and are committed to creating an environment that is supportive and nurturing of your career path! We offer competitive compensation and tuition reimbursement along with training, continuing education and wellness programs.
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Associate discounts
About Franciscan Ministries:
Our vision of service is to provide excellent, person-centered care designed to help our residents experience the fullness of their lives wherever they find themselves on life’s journey. We believe in our associates and are committed to creating an environment that is encouraging and nurturing of your career path.
Are you ready to write the next chapter of your story? Apply now! DFWP/EOE/e-verify
Franciscan Ministries takes the health and safety of its employees, residents, patients, customers and their families very seriously. To that end, we have concluded that the best way to ensure the safety of these individuals is to mandate that all of our employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, when considering whether to apply for this position, please know that in order to become employed by Franciscan Ministries (if otherwise eligible), you must provide satisfactory proof, such as a vaccine card, that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You will not be required to provide this proof unless and until you receive a formal job offer from Franciscan Ministries. Please also know that Franciscan Ministries will accept and review requests for accommodations for qualified individuals who cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination because of a sincerely held religious belief or due to a medical issue
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Assisted Living
- Clinical Works
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gdq3ww8
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.