To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
165 West Sycamore Street
Saint Paul, MN 55117
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 12 days ago
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has 550 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 5,000 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative to sell fiberglass insulation products to building contractors who service the residential and commercial industry.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use the Prospect Data File System, Cognos, and Mincron reports available to help manage a sales territory.
- Use the necessary phone and field selling skills to sell our products and services to our customers.
- Maintain strong customer relationships by maintaining sales contacts as required by the position.
- Responsible for the overall performance and development of assigned and newly developed accounts.
- Develop new business opportunities through cold calls and lead generation.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive monthly sales plan for their territory to service and expand our business with our existing as well as our new customers.
- The sales person will coordinate closely with our inside sales support team and our vendors to plan and execute the promotion of products and services to our customers.
- The development and execution of a detailed annual sales plan will be a critical requirement for this position.
- Organize sales activities so that face to face selling time to the customer is maximized.
- Utilize selling and professional traits needed to make a positive impact on all prospects and customers.
- Observe and benchmark off of other outstanding Sales Representatives in all aspects of the sales process to utilize skills necessary in your sales territory.
- Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms of Beacon. Conduct business activity, at all times, in a manner consistent with the company's corporate culture.
- Consistently make the kind of effort necessary to accomplish sales goals. Be prompt and display competitive urgency at all times.
- Preferably a 4 year BS in Marketing/Sales, Business.
- Two years of Industry (or) Industry related experience in Home building or Remodeling is a plus.
- Two years prior outside sales experience (preferably in the building material distribution industry).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Internet, Word, and Excel.
- Mincron, operating. Ability to learn a software package.
- Products: Insulation and Fiberglass Insulation
- Must possess the entrepreneur spirit; be self-motivated, and enthusiastic about our business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be ethical and honest.
- Must have experience in the building material distribution industry, particularly selling residential roofing products, with demonstrated success in those products to a local contractor base.
- Must be dependable and have a current state issued driver?s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a company required drug test.
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language to communicate with vendors, customers and other branch employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer