To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Berlin, CT 06037
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Test Engineer
ASSA ABLOY Americas • Berlin, CT
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Yale Locks & Hardware has provided dependable security since 1840. Yale Locks & Hardware is an ASSA ABLOY Group company with plant operations in Berlin, CT. We offer a broad continuum of door hardware and locks including an extensive range residential hardware as well as a wide variety of commercial hardware options. Our residential hardware includes electronic door locks with leading edge technology integrations as well as high quality mechanical hardware designed to fit any home. Yale Residential electronic products are leading the way in security for the mobile lifestyle.
Yale® is one of fifteen brands represented by ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions, a North American operating unit of ASSA ABLOY, headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. At Yale Residential Locks and Hardware, we are 100% committed to creating high quality door opening solutions for your home.
As a Systems Test Engineer you will work with a global team of cross-functional product development engineers developing and testing Residential electronic locking products and associated mobile and Web based applications. You will need to be creative and innovative while reviewing and understanding product and system architectures and conducting system integration activities, including integration of electrical, firmware, software, and mechanical design components. Being responsible for coordinating and executing technical tasks will give you the opportunity to see a project through from start to finish.
Job Duties include:
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases against interconnected hardware and software platforms. Analyze, document and communicate test results. Provide and maintain formal defect tracking.
- Lead and participate in program Technical Reviews
- Ensure designs and 3rd party deliverables meet product requirements.
- Work with product development teams in creating, planning and implementing test plans and acceptance criteria, and procedures relating to new and legacy product development.
- Data analysis and corrective action as required. Ensuring integrity of hardware and software acceptance tests as well as compliance to customer drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Create task timelines and track activities to meet delivery and performance commitments
- Communicate task status through reports, presentations and program reviews
- Direct activities required to support product certifications, including FCC, UL, CE, and others as required by market applications. Develop associated certification documentation.
- Responsible for manual and automated testing of mobile apps and web based applications.
- Write specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platforms, mobile apps, web apps, and web services.
- Participate in the design and testing of Home Automation Network protocols.
Knowledge & Work Experience:
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in electronic and/or firmware analysis design, development, and test.
- Experience with embedded micro-controller systems.
- New Product Development experience from concept to production
- Ability to read and analyze schematics, engineering requirements, data, and test results.
- Ability to identify, log, track and close out hardware, firmware and system level software bugs.
- Utilization of general test equipment i.e. oscilloscope, function generator, DVM, logic and protocol analyzers
- Strong engineering project management skills
- Demonstrated experience working on project teams as a leader
- Comfortable working with team members through various product development and problem solving activities
- Creative thinker with high initiative and high achievement goals
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering
- Working knowledge of electronics manufacturing
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment.
- RFID, WiFi, Zwave and/or Zigbee Network knowledge and experience preferred
- Mobile Application to cloud connectivity protocols
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 1-3 years in a New Product Development capacity as a design or System Test Engineer.
- At least 3 years in a test lab strongly preferred