Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC is looking for a Product Planning Co-Op Intern in Suwanee, GA for Fall 2022.
Product planning is a blend of engineering, marketing, and business. The person in this position will report to the Director of Controls Product Planning and learn the core functions of building controls engineering and product management.
Controls Engineers design strategies and solutions to automate functions within smart homes and commercial buildings as well as create great user interfaces for installers and owners to access their control systems and smart homes. Controls engineers have skills in electrical circuits, computer engineering, software development and mechanical systems. Product managers coordinate all functions related to a product's life cycle: market research, product development, new product launching, maintenance of the existing product line, and sun setting products when necessary. Product Managers need to have a birds-eye view of the Company and the industry, while maintaining technical expertise on the products they manage.
A Technical background is imperative as we focus on ways to improve our kumo cloud air-conditioning ecosystem's user experience and engage more widely with our stakeholders in this important platform. This person should be willing and able to bring new ideas, assess business opportunities and recommend strategies along with supporting the implementation of the designs and code base required. The person in this position will also learn about all other functions of the company (sales, operations, strategy, IT, engineering and marketing).
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support product launches via creating, updating, and monitoring all tasks in project management software. Attend project meetings and lead effort to have tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Become a secondary technical subject matter expert on new products. Apply knowledge in coordination of tasks with other departments.
- Solely responsible for competitive analysis charts as a resource for sales force and to assist product strategy development.
- Responsible for creating slide decks, including research and technical content, for presentation to company leadership and sales force.
- Build demo kits for new products and test rigs for troubleshooting and training exercises
- Data analysis, programming, web/cloud/SaaS development and UI/UX projects depending on skills and interest
- Organization of meetings with colleagues from Japan, China, Mexico, and Thailand (once per quarter).
- Management of monthly webinar to sales force: gather & send agenda, assemble slide show, administer the webinar, place documents in appropriate folders.
- Updates to product development worksheets.
- Shipping and receiving samples to vendors and customers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 0-2 years; past internships or co-ops a plus.
- Superior attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel; should be very comfortable with using functions. Experience with macros or code-writing preferred, but not required, as long as the candidate is willing to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; should be comfortable making presentations in front of various audience types: technical or non-technical.
- Candidates should have an interest in applying their technical knowledge to business processes.
- Preferred Majors: Electrical Engineering, Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Systems Engineering
ABOUT MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC TRANE HVAC US
Formed in 2018, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) is a leading provider of ductless and VRF systems in the United States and Latin America. A 50 percent 50 percent joint venture between Ingersoll Rand plc and Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., the company provides innovative products, systems and solutions capable of cooling and heating any application from a home to a large commercial building.
METUS is a leading marketer of Zoned Comfort Solutions® and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air-conditioning and heating technology. Systems sold by the joint venture include a wide variety of technologically advanced products designed to deliver superior efficiency, comfort and control.
The family of brands supported by METUS includes: Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, Trane® / Mitsubishi Electric and American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning / Mitsubishi Electric. More information is available at [ Link removed ] .
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including 401(K).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona fide occupational qualification).
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Click [ Link removed ] to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the [ Link removed ] .
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at [ Link removed ] or by calling
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Business Processes
- Cloud Computing