Vaco Indianapolis is proud to partner with a manufacturing company located North Indianapolis to fill a contract, possible contract to hire Credit and Collections Analyst.
The Credit and Collections Analyst manages and monitors the company's accounts receivable balances on the customers for which they are responsible.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Make collection calls and maintain follow-up on customers' past due items
- Research customer deductions and pursue repayment from customer if deductions are deemed invalid
- Review, document and prepare (not including keypunching) credit memos as needed
- Establish relationship with customers to help resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Maintain customer profile and customer report card on key accounts using customer portal or other method. Analyze and report on customer compliance fines.
- Meet with Customer Analysts on key or problem accounts to share information and discuss ideas.
- Maintain customer metrics on assigned accounts when reviewing with Credit Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university and should have at least three years of credit and collections experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as sound math skills and a basic understanding of accounting. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel is needed. SAP systems knowledge is strongly preferred.