Early Intervention Services
Benchmark Human Services, a national leader committed to providing quality services to individuals with disabilities, is hiring! We are actively seeking applicants for a variety of therapeutic positions including Speech Language Pathologists to serve our Connecticut locations. Ideal candidates will be licensed in their chosen profession and will be eager to provide home-based early intervention therapy services to infants and toddlers who are at risk for developmental disabilities as part of the Birth to Three Program.
This position address functional needs of the child in various developmental domains, particularly related to speech and language development. Work involves developmental screening/ assessment, speech therapy, and consultation with family members and other professionals working with the family.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops joint plan with family and recommends strategies utilizing evidence based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices
- Implements IFSP for enrolled families and recommends frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns
- Assessment of children’s developmental needs for individualized planning
- Provides families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development
- Includes direct activities with the child designed to enhance the child’s development in one or more domains, including: cognition, adaptive functions, social/emotional skills, physical development and communication
- Adaption of the environment to meet child/family needs in play, language and communication development.
- Promotes activities in the “natural setting” to enhance implementation of the IFSP
- Completes necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources
- Attends mandatory in-service training sessions and monthly team meetings
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid SLP License
- Registered with American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Knowledgeable of infant and toddler development
- Prefer some experience working with birth to 3 population
- Candidates for employment are required to pass drug screening
FULL TIME BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
If interested apply on-line at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Speech Language Pathologist
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.