Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it’s for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.valid.com.
Valid has an outstanding remote opportunity for a Director of State & Local Government Sector Sales and Business Development, responsible for developing and executing a plan to grow state and local Government Sector Identity (ID) business within the Valid USA Identity Services Business Unit. While developing trusted client relationships you will be responsible for identifying, developing and executing sales growth strategies and action plans to meet near and long-term objectives.
This role will include direct sales activity to Government ID customers, cross selling, and establishing Partnering Opportunities within the ID Sector. You must be an entrepreneurial and agile leader, strong with consultative sales methods, and an expert in state government business development particularly with DMV agencies.
You will be a key leader reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of ID Solutions with a focus on growing Valid’s market share while simultaneously helping to launch new digital initiatives and new product strategies such as cloud solutions, remote enrollment and digital identity.
What will you do?
- Collaborate on strategy, sales execution and product roadmap
- Establish and grow relationships with State DMV contacts
- Establish plans and approach to given states and agencies
- Work with others within ID to develop product and market plans for given states and agencies
- Work with others within ID to identify win strategies, bid approach, and pricing strategy for given states and agencies
- Help manage Bid Strategy and Bid Execution.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a management, technical or engineering field
- 10 years of experience in a Sales, Business Development, Corporate Strategy or Digital identity related role
- Experience managing the strategic planning for Sales and Business Development
- Excellent problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience developing and managing business partnerships and relationships
- Strong ability to present to executives and stakeholders
- Knowledge of State DMV operations, initiatives and resources
- Professional, collaborative and positive communication style
- Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Experience managing and developing other individuals
- Experience developing complex sales strategies to facilitate communication with stakeholders
- Experience in and knowledge of digital identity and identity solutions and frameworks
- Experience developing specific strategies for ID solutions within State DMVs.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Led successful DMV Win Strategies for end-to-end bid
- Knowledge of State DMV Bid process
- Knowledge of DMV operations
- Technical knowledge of various activities required by State DMV Departments
- Experience in partnering and teaming strategy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work from home office, ability to travel up to 20% domestically with proximity to a major airport
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN WITHOUT DUAL CITIZENSHIP eligible to work on Secure Credentialing programs.
What we offer:
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of four Medical plan options under United Health Care, two Dental options under United Health Care, Vision insurance, voluntary Short Term Disability, company paid Long Term Disability, company paid basic Life Insurance for employee, spouse and dependent children and optional additional life insurance coverages
- 401(k) with company match
- Two weeks of vacation, six days of paid time off (PTO) and nine paid holidays with no waiting period.
- Opportunities for on the job training, career development and team building.
- Agile Leadership
- Business Development
- Cloud Computing
- Complex Sales
- Consultative Selling