Environmental Health & Safety
Job Posting Title:
Manager, EHS and Risk Management
The Manager, Environmental, Health, Safety and Risk Management will provide Safety, Environmental, Risk Management and strategic direction by leading and supporting operations efforts to identify, eliminate and reduce exposures to create a safe and compliant work environment.
As an integral member of the Plant Management Team, the Manager, EHS and Risk Management will support and advise site management regarding the TreeHouse Safety Management system. He/She will formulate a proactive, local EHS strategy that drives the plant to become safe, compliant and sustainable, operationally. The Manager, EHS and Risk Management will lead the effort to eliminate, prevent, or reduce the occurrence of safety, health and medical issues.
The Manager, EHS and Risk Management will act as a change agent to accelerate best practice sharing within the facility. He/She will serve as the site primary regulatory agency liaison for all agency communications representative for Health and Safety.
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site specific policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements. (OSHA, EPA and TreeHouse Foods standards)
- Manages daily activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plants EHS Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities including training, collection, disposal, and records maintenance and for conservation programs within the organization.
- Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
- Monitors and supports security-related events.
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in environment, health, safety, and/or sustainability management.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices with PSM & RMP.
- B.S. degree in safety management, environmental health, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Food and Beverage experience preferred.
Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Engineering or Industrial Technology, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety or related
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
Working Conditions: (Outline any travel and/or physical requirements)
Enter 75% of time
Travel (other than driving)
Enter 10 % of time
Unusual Working Hours
Some second shift oversight maybe required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, EHS and Risk Management. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Environmental Resource Management