If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to Email blocked - click to apply
* This team is adding 2 contractors to help with concurrent projects, many of which need to wrap up by the end of the fiscal year (August). These include the digital transformation project (moving legacy systems to Azure), microservices, new work for memberships, societies, and credentialing projects.
• What sets candidates apart? Experience with design patterns, architecture experience, object oriented programming, Azure cloud experience, and adherence to code standards/quality
• Candidates must have strong communication
• Interview process: audio recorded questions, code challenge (1-2 hours), and onsite/webex
Senior .NET Consultant
The Senior .NET Consultant designs, develops and enhances software applications that support the mission of our client. This position will work within an agile, cross-functional delivery team through all phases of the software development lifecycle to deliver and maintain software solutions while contributing to coding and design standards. The Senior .NET Consultant is responsible for applying design patterns and best-practices to deliver value to stakeholders through clean, testable and reusable code. The position will be on-site in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States and will be supervised by Technical Solutions Manager, IT Development.
• Design, Develop and Unit Test per standard software development life-cycle practices. Complete project deliverables with high quality within deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Contribute to established coding standards.
• Design technical solutions in alignment with Reference Architecture.
• Share knowledge amongst peers and contribute to the knowledge base. Mentor as appropriate.
• Ensure developed software components are packaged and deployed properly
• Develop a deep understanding of business processes and be able to clearly communicate the impact of a technical solution on existing and future processes at the organizational level.
• Responsible for working within a larger team on major releases, enhancements, and operational support.
• Escalates issues throughout process as appropriate.
• Accountable for understanding business objectives, translating them into application design, transitioning the application into production and providing maintenance and support.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
• Functional experience in all phases of the development lifecycle a must including requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation and support. Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus.
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work within a structured cross-functional team on complex and dynamic projects using Agile methodology
• Understanding of source control practices. Experience in Microsoft’s Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) is a plus
• Experience in project delivery, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery
• Understanding of relational database concepts, including experience with a major RDBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle.
• Extensive experience in developing applications in the .NET platform using Visual Studio and C#
• Experience with the following is highly desired:
o ADO.NET, Entity Framework and LINQ
o Dependency Injection, Unit Testing and Mocking frameworks
o Continuous Integration, Build and Deployment Automation
o Code Instrumentation, Performance Monitoring and Tuning
• Experience with the following is a plus:
o SharePoint, BizTalk, WCF and/or Web API
o a CRM such as Salesforce.
• Fluency in English required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
• Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
• Very high level of organizational and time management skills
• Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
• Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Willingness to ask questions rather than just follow directions is required.
• Must demonstrate good judgment and mature business skills
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Produce Clean Code
Perform System Testing