Chief Nursing Officer Opportunity
Mesilla Valley Hospital is a 120-bed psychiatric hospital in Las Cruces, New Mexico that provides mental health and addiction services for adolescents, adults, and seniors. Mesilla Valley Hospital has been serving the residents of New Mexico, West Texas and Arizona since 1987. Mesilla Valley Hospital offers inpatient, residential treatment, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient services and is fully-accredited by The Joint Commission and the New Mexico Children Youth & Families Department. We also provide support to veterans and active duty military and their families through our Tricare certification and also have strong partnerships with several local nursing and medical residency programs.
Website: URL blocked - click to apply
The Chief Nursing Officer is a key member of the Mesilla Valley Hospital Leadership Team who will integrate and coordinate a patient centric nursing strategy with a keen focus on patient care; ensuring that delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Universal Health Services and in accordance with government regulation, licensing and accreditation requirements. The CNO will participate in the hospital’s strategic planning and contributes to the achievement of institutional goals and objectives. The Chief Nursing Officer will focus on 5 key areas: People, Service, Quality, Growth, and Finance
PEOPLE: Creates an environment which supports employee development and teamwork to deliver compassionate patient care in a safe environment.
SERVICE: Creates systems, processes and care standards to support the delivery of patient care in a safe, fiscally sound environment of service excellence.
QUALITY: Provides accessible, timely, efficient, cost effective care by utilizing evidenced -based practice and continuous performance improvement.
GROWTH/COMMUNITY: Fosters an environment that supports growth and community through activities, partnerships and shared goals.
FINANCE: Supports an environment of financial stability to achieve the UHS mission and strategy.
What do our current nursing leaders value at Mesilla Valley & UHS?
That despite our large company design, each facility is run independently, and so our nurse executives have the autonomy to manage their teams with clinical and educational support from corporate. You are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peer nurse leaders that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. That we have an active Nursing Council based on shared governance and evidence-based practice. That we offer internal leadership and clinical education, including a generous annual tuition assistance and continuing education allowance designed to keep you at the top of your practice. That we offer and support real career advancement opportunity, including our COO-in-Training program and a variety of regional and national corporate roles designed to support the field and share advanced experience. And, that UHS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that reflects the work/life needs of our senior leaders.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Psychiatric Nurse Residency Transition-to-Practice Program (Could earn 20 CEUs)
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Mission Statement: To provide superior quality healthcare services that: PATIENTS recommend to family and friends, PHYSICIANS prefer for their patients, PURCHASERS select for their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud of, and INVESTORS seek for long-term returns.
If you would like to learn more before applying, please contact Scott Errickson, Program Manager-Nurse Recruitment at URL blocked - click to apply and by phone at Phone number blocked - click to apply.
- Licensure: Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of employment.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a CCNE accredited nursing program; Master of Science in Nursing is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of behavioral health nursing clinical practices and management.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices relevant to nursing and patient care activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Five or more years of progressive nursing management experience in behavioral health setting
- Ability to plan, direct, and monitor others’ activities with demonstrated leadership abilities that contribute to a positive work environment
- Proficiency with common computer based applications such as electronic mail, word processing and various databases, whether PC, network or mainframe based.
- Travel Requirements: Occasional US travel to conferences and UHS management meetings.