Maintenance Mechanic 1
Category: Seneca Foods
Date: Jan 26, 2023
Leicester, NY, US, 14481
Custom Field 1: 2076
Seneca Foods is one of North America's leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high-quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby's®, Aunt Nellie's®, READ®, Seneca Farms®, Green Valley®, CherryMan®, Paradise®, Pennant®, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
* Inspect, repair, and maintain machinery and equipment throughout the facility; trouble shoot, repair, and replace machinery as required.
* Maintain all production equipment according to manufacturer's specs.
* Ability to read and understand the various operating and maintenance manuals for the machinery and equipment used to process the plant products.
* Maintain daily maintenance logbooks.
* Monitor equipment operation making any necessary adjustments. Ensure that GMP's (General Manufacturing Practices), safety rules and regulations are followed.
* Use of all proper safety equipment and tools when dictated by a job requirement.
* Be aware of the Preventative Maintenance program and work within its limits.
* Know, understand and use lock out/tag out procedures working within all of plant safety programs.
* Lubrication of equipment.
* Know and understand the MSDS/SDS program and where manuals are located to retrieve needed information.
* Work 12-hour shift and weekends during the production months or when directed by Plant Superintendent.
* Ability to work with outside vendors/contractors when necessary.
* Work in all areas of the plant with the ability to work nights during production periods or otherwise directed by supervisor; ability to work overtime during busy season or when directed by supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have good attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to read, write and maintain daily logbook as well as the ability to read and comprehend operator and maintenance manuals.
* Possess own hand tools and some power tools with the understanding that tools needed to perform a task will be the responsibility of the mechanic.
* Strong maintenance skills, with the ability to weld - stick, mig & tig in different materials - steel, stainless steel, cast steel, aluminum, and the ability to use plasma cutter, acet/oxy torch.
* Ability to read, use and understand micrometers, calipers, force cell gauge.
* Willingness and ability to work and function in a team environment and to effectively communicate both written and verbally and work with all levels of the organization.
* Some hydraulic and electrical knowledge is desirable.
* Must be able to climb ladders, twist, bend and crawl into awkward spaces, prolonged periods of standing and walking on concrete floors, must be able to lift up to 50lbs at a time, using proper lifting techniques and assistance if greater than 50lbs.
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Mechanic 1
Nearest Major Market: Rochester
- Attention To Detail
- Gas Metal Arc Welding