Royal Hospital, Southwest Florida’s premier behavioral health system has an immediate opening for a Licensed Practical Nurse. Our staff is comprised of dedicated, caring professionals who work as a team to change people’s lives. Maintaining the high quality of our management and clinical staff is important to us, and we frequently welcome new individuals to our team.
Serving as a key member of our team, the primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for providing & managing professional care in accordance with physician’s treatment plan, utilizing the RN to report changes in patient status and recommendations for patient’s plan of care.
• Responsible for the distribution of patient medication.
• Responsible for completing admission, discharge, and transfer paperwork according to hospital policy.
• Responsible for effectively communicating with physicians regarding patient status.
• Responsible for patient and family education.
• Responsible and accountable for efficient time & resource management in accomplishing acceptable work volume (i.e. cost & time management)
• Accountable for regulatory and compliance standards on the unit as evidenced by maintaining a safe environment.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate implementation of physician orders.
• Responsible for accurate shift reports reflecting that the patient’s status and needs are communicated in order of priority at the beginning and ending of each shift or patient transfer.
• Demonstrates initiative by bringing forward new ideas for improve in patient care.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate competency, knowledge, skills, and ability to meet the minimum requirements for this position. Must demonstrate flexibility and the knowledge and the skills required.
- Current Florida LPN license.
- Must be BLS (CPR) certified.
Electronic Medical Record
Diseases And Disorders
Long Term Care
Maintain Patient Confidentiality