To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA 95817
- Dianna Ngo
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cell Culture Manufacturing Technician
Kelly Scientific Resources • Sacramento, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cell Culture Research Associate/Manufacturing Associate
Location: Sacramento, CA
1 Year Contract (Possibility for extension)
Kelly Scientific is collaborating on a unique opportunity between Academia and Industry to help further development within the Cell Therapy Industry. We are looking for experienced candidates in Cell Line Maintenance that want to enhance their skills and knowledge in Cell Therapy Production while making a difference in unmet medical needs!
Our client developing cutting-edge drugs for clinical research is seeking an individual who is very flexible, positive, and excited about contributing to development of new cures. The ideal candidate can quickly and fluidly switch between complex tasks.
Join a small group that is committed to taking on the manufacturing of next-gen therapies to treat patients now. We are searching for people who thrive on the satisfaction that comes with hard work and results with the knowledge they are moving living medicines of the future into the present. Our client stresses the fact that their products are administered to patients every day, making the Manufacturing Technician's role extremely exciting and very serious.
The Stem Cell Program is a state of the art basic and translational science and research program committed to finding treatments and cures for debilitating human diseases and injuries. Incumbent supports these goals by advancing translational research to clinical cell therapies through their work within the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Facility.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the Field of Science required.
- Must have excellent tissue culture skills in order to be trained in GMP grade culture of continuous human cell lines. Some cell lines will be used as producer cells for gene therapy vector manufacturing, such as lentiviral, retroviral and adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector.
- The incumbent will be manufacturing and purifying such vectors under GMP conditions.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, rotating weekends with other staff, and take call as needed on nights, weekends and holidays to ensure the Good Manufacturing Practice Facility is compliant with Federal law (21CFR 210 and 211), and to work overtime within UCDMC Policy and Procedure.
- Needs to be able to adjust to a flexible work schedule as work in the GMP facility can vary greatly.
- Needs to be able to work in full body suit and with face mask and gloves for hours in a controlled environment, such as a clean room (GMP) facility.
- Needs to be able to work under constant supervision and in a strictly regulated environment under Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adheres to no smoking, dress code, tardiness, telephone and safety policies and protocols and works independently occasionally as the only employee (e.g.: equipment and facility monitoring on weekends holidays, etc.).
- Performs work in a sterile tissue culture work environment.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.