$4,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Incentive Bonus paid 2 times a year
18 days of PTO & closed on major holidays
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, or a related entity on a full-time, part-time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-on Bonus.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives, as a result, starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
Under the direction of physicians, the LVN Triage Nurse provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and practices approved by WellMed Medical Group.
- Assesses patient needs using established triage protocol
- Recommends follow-up as indicated by protocol
- Schedules same-day appointments, as indicated
- Documents all encounters in the electronic medical records system
- Evaluates follow-up on patient condition and/or reaction to drugs and treatments
- Educates patients, family members, and caregivers on treatment and care plans
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA/OSHA)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Texas Vocational Nurse license
- Current CPR certification
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective use of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- IV certification
- 1+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Effective listening and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse WellMed on Southwest Wilshire Boulevard, LVN, CPR, ICD-9, CPT, Joshua, Cleburne, Burleson, Alvarado, Godley, Primrose, TX, Texas