Staff Accountant - Direct Hire
Virginia Beach, VA - $50k - $60k
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Staff Accountant to join the team of a government consulting company in Virginia Beach. This position carries the responsibilities of all general accounting functions such as expense reporting, cash receipts entry, timecard review, and general ledger reconciliations. The ideal candidate for this role is dependable, a team player, and has high attention to detail.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistance with general ledger reconciliations
- Processing travel and other expense reports
- Serving as main point of contact for expense reports
- Assisting with timekeeping compliance to ensure compliance with DCAA standards
- Accounts payable - entering approved vendor invoices
- Performing various financial analytics by developing various spreadsheet reports, information verification
- Responding to various accounting and financial inquiries via ad hoc analysis, research, and interpretation of financial data
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business ore related field
- Must have at least 2 years of experience
- Experience with government contractor accounting and related accounting software such as Deltek/Costpoint
- MS Office knowledge, especially in Excel (knowledge of pivot tables and V LOOKUPs required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, must be a team player in addition to being able to work well individually
Accountants, working with Vaco gives you an advantage over your competition through relationships with the human resources manager and hiring managers directly. We are currently looking to fill our client's Staff Accountant position and we want to hear from you! Think of us as an advocate who will promote your strengths and prepare you for your interviews supplying you with key info on our client.
Our recruiters will be able to provide great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If your background is in accounting and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Staff Accountant, you will play an integral role in accurately preparing our client's accounting records and performance. You will be responsible for a variety of general accounting functions as well as providing accounting support for senior staff if needed.
Accountants, this is the perfect opportunity to grow your career and gain experience. Here's what you will need to succeed in this role.
Staff Accountant requirements:
• Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• 1+ years of experience in general accounting
• Experience with large ERP (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft), a plus
• Strong systems skills are highly desired as well as intermediate Excel skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
Standard Accounting Practices