Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Route Sales Professional (RSP) is a sales position that acts as the face of Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) in the market to our customers and clients while selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. This position supports and operates a route, which entails loading and unloading product from a route truck, merchandising product in store, selling displays at retail and general communication with store personnel and internal within the Sales Center. RSP will conduct all tasks in a safe and courteous manner.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great starting pay: Base and Commission!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Your primary focus is to maximize and grow sales and freshness through building strong customer relationships, driving and contributing to profitable sales growth, and provide sales-related customer service that exceeds expectations.
- You will analyze sales data to drive effective decisions in the marketplace and grow brand recognition.
- You will increase sales volumes and market penetration through world-class direct store delivery excellence (DSDE) tactics and methods.
- You will identify and take action towards growth opportunities by soliciting new customers, increasing promotional displays and developing sales leads in the territory.
- You will conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
- You will cover routes at other local sales centers.
- You will perform merchandising and rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products. Pull ups of a list of stores furnished by management.
- You will drive in store product representation with seamless execution of company and brand promotions while ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines.
- You will introduce new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
- You will be responsible for inventory counts and placing accurate product orders in the order management tool on a handheld device to increase freshness and product variety.
- You will pack out back-room stock. Deliver relays and set up displays.
- You will drive a company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
- You will correctly complete DOT logs and submit other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred.
- 1-3 Years of DSD (Direct Store Delivery) or route sales experience preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to obtain and retain a DOT Medical card required (company will administer).
- Must have a good driving record.
- Local travel required.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, push/pull, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, climb, perform repetitive motions, perform frequent reaching and use of fingers, and work in a loud and hot/cold environment.
- You must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, work store hours with early morning starts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off) and work holidays and weekends (frequently required).
Anticipated Schedule: Off Monday & Sunday
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Displaying (Exhibition)
- Customer Service
- Selling Techniques